2. Conditions of Use
The Website is intended for personal, non-commercial use only. Any use other than for personal purpose including but not limited to altering, downloading, copying or transmitting any material, reproducing or reposting it should obtain prior written permission from the Hong Kong Unison. If such permission is granted, the source should be acknowledged appropriately. For enquiry on usage for purposes other than personal and non-commercial, please contact us in advance.
3. Use of Logos
Hong Kong Unison’s logo must not be downloaded, copied, transmitted, published, reproduced or used for any purpose without the prior written permission of Hong Kong Unison.
4. Use of Images, Videos and Text
We encourage you to share the materials (images, videos and text) on this website to promote the Hong Kong Unison’s work or to fundraise for us. There are some limitations:
- The materials are not intended for commercial purposes. If you want to use the materials for commercial purposes or to fundraise for us through your business or other commercial activity, please contact us in advance.
- You need to make sure that you do not modify the material in any way and that you acknowledge us as the owner as follows:
Copyright Hong Kong Unison [year]. All rights reserved. Used by permission.
- You will not use our materials to fundraise for anybody else
- We reserve all rights to restrain the use of our materials at any time at our complete discretion.
5. Personal Data Privacy
You are advised that, in order to respect the privacy of the ethnic minorities with whom we work, the photographs and names used on this website are not necessarily those of the actual persons concerned.
6. Social Media Guidelines
Social media platforms offer an opportunity to Hong Kong Unison to communicate with our supporters and other groups/individuals who share an interest in our organisation in general. As most social media platforms are as such an open medium and we cannot monitor comments as they occur, the Hong Kong Unison has set a number of rules that we believe will benefit all users of our social media pages including supporters and staff.
We ask all users to engage in conversation/forum in a respectful manner, so that everyone can enjoy sharing their views on the platform.
We endeavour to answer your questions as soon as possible and reply comments where applicable. However, situations like communicating with our overseas partners may take us longer time to respond to you.
Ownership of Comments
Only comments made by Unison Hong Kong administrator of this platform reflect the views of World Vision. We value all comments from supporters, but reserve the right to remove posts that are:
- Irrelevant to the objective of our page
- Obscene, profane, disrespectful or hateful in nature
- Considered harassment or threat to any individual or organization
- Successively off-topic or repeated comments by a single supporter
- Repetitive solicitations or advertisements
- Comments that encourage illegal activities
- Confidential, compromising of personal security and privacy
- In breach of intellectual property rights
Hong Kong Unison is neither responsible nor liable for any content posted or uploaded on the Hong Kong Unison social media platform or other parties’ platforms by a third-party user.
If you have any queries about the Hong Kong Unison and the social media guidelines, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by stating Social Media Guidelines in the subject line.
The information provided on this website is intended for general reference only. While reasonable endeavours have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on this website, Hong Kong Unison does not give warranty that the information is free from error or omission. Hong Kong Unison does not assume any liability for direct or indirect loss resulting from the use of or reliance on the information here provided.
Reasonable measures have been taken to prevent the introduction of destructive materials (e.g. viruses) to the website. Hong Kong Unison however does not give warranty that the website or any part of the content is free from such destructive materials. Any use or browsing of this website is at your own discretion and risk. Hong Kong Unison does not assume any liability for direct or indirect damages caused by such destructive features.
Hong Kong Unison does not give warranty for use of this website without interruption although reasonable effort will be made to maintain this website and rectify problems that may cause possible delay, errors, loss of transmitted information, interruption and temporary unavailability. Hong Kong Unison does not assume any liability for direct or indirect loss resulting from the use of or inability to use this website.
The website may contain links to other third-party websites for visitors’ convenience. Hong Kong Unison does not assume any responsibility or liability in respect of the accuracy, completeness or availability of such other websites. Links to other websites or any websites linked to this website do not constitute an endorsement and recommendation by Hong Kong Unison of such websites or the services, products, advertising or other materials provided on those websites.
(*This page was last updated in January 2021)
- Personal data should be collected by lawful and fair means and can only be used for lawful purposes directly related to the services and activities of the Hong Kong Unison.
- The data collected should be necessary, adequate but not excessive in relation to its purposes.
- Before collecting the data, as far as reasonably practicable, the Hong Kong Unison will inform the data subject about the purpose(s) for collecting the data and the classes of persons to whom the data may be transferred to.
- The data subject should be informed of his/her rights to request access to and the correction of the personal data, and also the ways for making such request.
- All reasonably practicable steps should be taken to ensure that personal data collected or retained are accurate for the purposes for which they are to be used.
- Unless prior consent has been obtained from the data subject, the personal data should only be used, disclosed or transferred for the purposes or a directly related purpose(s) for which they were collected or where they are allowed under the Ordinance.
- All reasonably practicable steps should be taken to ensure that personal data held are protected against unauthorised or accidental access, processing, erasure or other use.
- Information about the policy and general practices of the Hong Kong Unison in relation to the personal data, the types of personal data held and the main purposes for which personal data are used, should generally be available for inspection upon request.
- The data subject will be allowed to access to and correct his/her personal data. However, the Hong Kong Unison may refuse such request subject to the provisions and exemptions of the Ordinance.